Saturday, March 18, 2006

ROADTRIP!!!!

For several years now, my best friend and I have taken a vacation together to the Orlando area. It started out when we saw that John Edward was putting on a seminar there. This was just about a month after her husband had passed away of due to a massive heart attack at the age of 42.We did not get "read", but it was extremely entertaining anyway, and we then made it an annual thing. The plans have grown each year to include play time, luxury accomodations that we both have to save all year for and generally pigging out and pretending we are rich %*&#@'s for a few days. We have not come for the JE seminar every year, but we saw that this year, it would be a "gallery like" crowd, meaning 400 people, instead of 2500 people. I think we will find it very cozy.
We didn't get to go at all last year, I was shellshocked by IVAN, and she was shellshocked by the invasion of her sister and niece, also shellshocked by IVAN. Money, time, and inclination were just not available, so this year's trip is well earned, and well deserved. We are both pretty well along our way to recovery from our disaster funk, and ready to party.
It took me awhile to figure out this trip was really going to happen, for some reason. Usually by the time we are counting less than 30 days, we are revved to go. We went to Sam's Club last week, saw some pool floats, 2 for $20....nice ones. After about 30 seconds of figuring if we didn't buy them right then, we might miss out (that's the nature of Sam's, if you like it and you don't see it there every week, you'd better buy it). It wasn't until we were loading them in her car that it struck me.....WE ARE PACKING FOR THE TRIP!!!! Oh my, Oh my.
She's one of the few people in this world that I can be in a car with for 6-10 hours and not run out of things to say, OR that silence for many miles is not a problem. We like the same music, she has satellite radio in her car, and we are both going to do something we already know is going to be a blast!
We aren't getting to stay where we usually do, but we are always up for an adventure.We have given ourselves enough days to have several.
NOW we are counting down to less than a week, and I am getting pumped enough to have trouble sleeping. We call each other's phones and when the other answers, we both shout ROADTRIP!!! Many voice mail messages are just one word, as well.
I have been reading Greybeard's blogs on the fishing trip of the century, and am very glad I am at this end of my trip instead of the other. Sound's like he's having a good time, I plan on having as good or better, and mine doesn't have anything to do with fish, unless it is hot on my plate.
I am SO fortunate to have a husband who doesn't mind my doing this every year, not that it would stop me if he did. Well, chances are, he wouldn't be my husband if he were the type to mind. We miss each other, but I think he knows what a rejuvinating experience this is for me, and figures it's worth it. Besides, right after I get back , we get serious about saving for OUR adventure, in the fall.
Such a lucky girl, am I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you have a most wondermous and rejuvinating time. Drink wine, laugh, giggle, enjoy yourselves to the utmostest.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Greybeard said...

Lookin' forward to hearing the results.
Keepin' my fingers crossed that John gets vibes from someone we'd love to hear from.

Have a ball and update soon as possible!
Love ya, kid.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home