Saturday, February 04, 2006

MY Heaven

One of the girls I work with just lost her horse. I haven't gotten the details as to how and why. I just know she has to be in terrible pain. She raised him from a foal and talked about him often.
"They" say that animals can't go to heaven because they have no souls. Why not? I believe that heaven is custom made for each and every soul, and MINE will have every animal I ever loved in it, or I don't really want to go.
John Edward, from "Crossing Over" says they are there, and Sharon Renae, from Navarre, says my Dad has a dog at his side. I told her he probably has 40 of them, but I also think I know which one she was talking about. Well, maybe two dogs to choose from in my brain. Depends on whether it's the one I want it to be, or one of the ones HE would want it to be. I think they are all there, this one happened to be at his side at that moment.
If they can't go there because they have no souls, then I think the small print must say that every one we love gets a tiny little piece of our soul because we love them. Just enough to get an invite in. Kind of like the Velveteen Rabbit. All his fuzz was loved off, but he was loved enough that he could become a real rabbit. And Pinocchio, he was loved enough to become a real boy.
The theme here is love.
Alzheimer's patients may forget who they are, how to swallow, who their kids and spouses are, but the last thing they forget is love.Comatose monitored patients have been seen to have high blood pressures and heart rates, but when spoken to or touched by someone they love, both will settle down to a more normal range. That is some powerful energy. And energy doesn't die, it just transforms and adapts.
A heavenly body is another form isn't it? And if they DO get a piece of our souls, just enough to gain admittance, do they also get their heavens tailor made? I hope so. In most cases, they really earned it. And especially if they don't really want to go if WE aren't there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Purple Tabby said...

MommaNurse, I've thought about your entry all week and have come to this one truth:
If, when I die, God explains all the things about this life that do not make sense, I will be content.

However, if I also find out that animals are not allowed in Heaven, I will promptly turn on my heel and cheerfully do my time in hell.

But it really doesn’t make sense that they would not go back to their creator, ya know? Why would God make something beautiful and so much fun and then not let it back in the house, so to speak.

Plus, how do we know that animals don’t have souls? Maybe they are angels.

What if a person prays that he/she be allowed to be an angel in the next life so they can come back and do good things where ever there is a need.

But when the time comes, they find out that angels aren’t invisible and don’t fly around in white nightgowns with wings.

In stead, the uniform of the day turns out to be a non-human form, furry or scaly exterior, limited vocabulary, limited intelligence, limited life-span, human-like feelings, and an enormous capacity for love and loyalty.

They get to do good where ever they are but that could mean living in a different country, culture or even another planet!

Being an angel won’t be an easy job

I don’t think all animals are angels but many are and many suffer terribly just for being what God made them.

Well, the theory doesn’t track very far but I still like it so I’m keepin’ it! ;)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Mommanurse said...

Doesn't have to track very far to be a good theory.....I like it.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home