Monday, March 03, 2014

Lost and Found

I find myself with a new mission online these days. I had become bored with the computer except to view my e-mails, my facebook, and to do odd chores. Had not gotten online for a very long time to surf. Now, I find myself looking for places to run away from home. It is a fair weather indulgence. I don't want to do this in the cold, wind or rain. I don't want to run away for long. The destination is not what is important. It is truly the journey, here. And I am a bad influence in that I want certain people to run away with me. You need a uniform of sorts, but it doesn't need to match mine. Your mode of transportation can be built to cruise, it can be noisy. Those built for speed are frowned upon, but allowed, as long as you can reign it in.
 Don't expect to ride the interstates, it's not about getting there quickly, it's about seeing what is along the way. This area provides an abundance of that, but I am not limiting myself to what is familiar. I am, in fact, dreaming of just running someday until I am ready to turn around and come home.
 My days of being capable of running away are limited, I am getting older every day. I will do what I can to keep my skills honed, but I know one day, I will have to hang up my gear, for my safety and the safety of others.
 It is a different world, and a fairly new one for me.I cannot imagine ever tiring of it. I can see myself grieving over it's end the way I imagine my Daddy and my brother grieved over their flying days coming to an end. Or an old sailor losing control of the tiller or the wheel.
 It is a family affair as well, something that makes it's value incalculable. In the end , it is all about memories. I want enough glorious ones that the disturbing ones are crowded completely out. I can see that happening......
So, Google, take me away to a place Calgon knows nothing about!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home