Sunday, September 01, 2013

Happy Birthday to you

Happy old birthday, Mom. I miss you. But, I know you will enjoy your new birthday much, much more. Your stuff is all over my living room, being sorted and distributed and creating an obstacle course for everyone but the cats. It is very strange to drive by the Veranda and know you are not there. But I'm glad you aren't. You were not having any fun anymore, you were not going to get any better. When you knew that for sure, you decided you weren't going to play, and you took your ball and bat and went Home. You have your butterfly wings, and I know their colors are glorious. There has been a frog at our campsite every time we've been here for the last four visits, it comes up to us and seems to listen to our conversation for half an hour or so, then hops off. Very cute , Mom, but I never knew frogs were so nosy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home