Friday, April 01, 2011

Long time gone

Many moons. Have been inspired by a new blogger to come home and start again. Comment from new blogger was that he didn't know how many would be interested in anything he had to say. Don't we all feel that way to some extent? Wait.....no, I take that back, for I DO know people who think what they have to say is the only thing that keeps this ball on it's axis. Sometimes, sad to say, I could very well be one of those. I can get on a rant with the best of us. But, I DO SO love an intelligent, mature give and take of ideas, as long as I am not being bullied by someone who thinks they are the only one who has the answers. What a small world to live in. The world I live in has daily moral conundrums to explore, and the number of solutions to those can equal the stars in the universe, but sometimes seem like "no brainers" with only one, to those of us who live in this world. What we need to remember , is that few see the world we see, few see the results of what we consider to be poor choices that we know, and that many make their decisions out of pure selfishness, whether based in misguided love, or malicious self interest for it's own sake. Living with powerlessness over these situations, can make me , oh,so tired and sad, and I wonder why......why? Is it because people don't believe there is anything beyond this existence? Is greed that deepset in some people's psyche? Is a fear of being alone so terrifying as to be unbearable? I thank the combination of my DNA, my upbringing and my logic that tells me this isn't "all there is". I completely believe there is an existence beyond this life that is more glorious that we can fathom. I believe that the ones I grieve for are there, and will greet me when I make my transformation. I believe that there will be much more for me to learn when I get there, many more ideas for me to explore, and that the answers to all my questions will be there for my understanding. This belief is sometimes the only thing that keeps me plodding along, every day, like the poor working slob I am. It's the thing that keeps me from giving up when things just don't make any sense. I feel incredibly sorry for those who don't have this belief, for what is life without any hope? I thank my parents, my ability to sense what I believe to be true, and daily proof in even the smallest of things to provide me with the hope I need to make this all worth it. I also am grateful for the ability to revel in the beauty, love, gifts and security that I enjoy while I am still here....my blessings are many. Not that anyone would be interested........

4 Comments:

Blogger Kev said...

It always amazes me how some people can have such a "chicken little" attitude about life nearly 100% of the time, when it doesn't take very long to be able to look around us and see just how blessed we are.

Thankfully, **MY** DNA and upbringing have given me the gift that no matter how dark the days can get.. I'll always know that I am an extremely lucky man.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Also, good to see you writing again, Momma. I have your blog set up on my RSS reader and I was looking through all of the blogs I read on a daily basis and was happy to see yours pop up with a new entry.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you back . I am your mother and I love you.

11:31 AM  
Blogger OlePrairiedog said...

Good Thoughts, I am interested and I bet ya a nickle to a thin dime, more folks that you think are interested also. I may take advantage of your return to blogging and refresh mine. It appears to have grown a mite dusty. But in my defense, I was busy.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home