Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rubber band

"It's a small world"
OK, now, hurry and start singing something else, or you will hate me for the rest of the day!
Just got a "friend" request on Facebook from a relative that I would not have expected to be looking for me there. Made me feel good. I joined it because many of my coworkers and my daughter are on there, and after listening for a couple of years to people talking about My Space and Facebook and sites like it, I figured, what the heck, I'll check it out. As long as I don't put incriminating stuff, or personal info I don't want spread around on there, what do I have to lose?
It now occurs to me how the world is reconnecting using the internet and sites such as these. I knew that was a neat phenomena when my immediate family simplified our connection with instant messaging, but I am now reconnected with people I haven't seen in years. And I can send them messages in the middle of the night if I want. Which is very handy to those of us who crawl back in their coffins when the sun comes up.
The US postal service suffers of course, but I think they will be okay as long as Publishers Clearing House stays in business!
Families, years ago, lived within just a few miles of each other, or even sometimes in the same house. Then, when they had to move further fom home to find work, or go to school, the family constellations spread to the point where it became easier and easier to lose contact completely with people who were important to our growth and development as kids. People we really enjoyed, but forgot how much because we didn't have the stimulus to remind us. Too much other stimuli to be aware that this had happened, it now takes a "poke" or a nudge, or a surprise message for us to grab hold of these people again, and set up a network where, hopefully, that contact will remain available as long as we wish. Neat.
So, here I sit, at 0-dark-30 again, recovering in one of my "safe places to be", from a week of being in contact with way too many of those negative forces I refer to in my last blog.
We are supposed to follow our "bliss". I will have to include this connectivity in mine. My life continues to be enhanced in ways I never expected. Yippee!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy!

I finally figured out who you are! Your brother told me where you lived in relation to the Beehive, and I told him I only had one more guess as to who his sister was. I told him this girl a player piano and would play it and sing "The Japanese Sandman". I could still remember the melody and watching you pump that piano and sing that song! You might not remember me, but I sure do remember you!

He confirmed that you had a player piano.

So how have you been? Looks like you have done very well in life. Nursing is a great career.

Keep in touch! My home email address is LHBruner@verizon.net.

Your old buddy,
Helen

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home