Wednesday, September 07, 2011

WOW, I'm old!!!

Ok, so the kid and I are going on a cruise in Oct. Invited him so I'd have an excuse to go again. My birthday present to me, and to him, since I contributed to the cruise fund he's accumulating for his birthday. He asked friends to do the same, don't know how many did.
Anyway, we have chosen excursions in Freeport and Nassau. The one in Freeport is a 12 mile bike tour of the island. I have always loved bike riding, hate running. But it's been many years since I was on a bike, and I've been wanting to get a bike for the campground....follow the thread, here. Yesterday, I bought a mountain bike with 21 gears. Never liked gears, cuz they were so hard for me to coordinate in the shift. Now, technology has gotten so that it is very much like having an automatic. Idiot proof adjustments on the seat, got my fatbutt a GEL seat (OHMYGOODNESS), a sexy cobalt blue bike helmet, and lockitup stuff. Got out this morning, stretched a moment, and started out after replacing chain that wasn't on the sprocket thingy. Before I even got around the corner, (maybe 100 yds) My shins were screaming, my butt was saying NOT ENOUGH GEL!!!, and my back was saying HANDLE BARS ARE TOO LOW!!!! But, I pressed on, no pain, no gain, right? Sides, can't let testosterone win, right? Oh, yes, I'm being so realistic since he's been riding a bike everywhere for at least the last two years. And he just turned 27 to my almost 59. It WILL be 59 when we do the island ride. Okay, so I AM the MEGACOOL Mom, so I gotta get this right!! I SO hope Freeport is as flat as I remember.

1 Comments:

Blogger OlePrairiedog said...

Happy Birthday and I want to hear all about the trip. Skype me please.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home