Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Where I'm 'sposed to be


I have a very strong faith. I don't spout it all that often, I don't like people who do, unless it's in a joyous manner. I HATE people who do in the negatory, I feel they are using God to espouse their own judgements. The only time I will do it in the negative is if someone is being an A** and commenting on some of their own hurtful behavior towards someone else, then I will smile, nod my head, and say, "SURE!,that's what Jesus would have done!!" and enjoy the confused looks on their faces.
Having said all of this I want to make a short and joyful comment on how I know God has always put me exactly where I need to be for His use, and has rewarded me at times in the same manner.
At our home RV park. (I would live here if I could). Sitting in the river in a float with my fat butt as anchor to keep me from floating away. Sun on my body ( I am DIAGNOSED as vit D deficient.....did I need an excuse?) with sunscreen to keep me from crispy crittering. Son and D-I-L here with my granddogs, big black lab and cream colored whatever playing in the water. They had always wanted a chocolate lab, but now 2 dogs are enough. Man sitting on the beach hollars out, "anyone want a chocolate lab puppy? D-I-L looks at her hubby , pleading in her eyes, he looks back with "NOT ONLY NO, BUT HE** NO!!!" in his. I look at my hubby, he's got her look in his eyes, and quietly says, " I'd have a water baby". SO...... I say, "How much?"
Free. "Boy or girl?" Girl. My son's and D-I-L eyes flash....."bring her to us, then."
A very long hour and a half later they bring us our new baby.
Pictures don't do her justice. Her eyes are hazel, more on the green side, so they look more human than doggy. She's a snuggle bug, immediately. We start the name game....Cocoa, Dove, Girardelli's, Godiva. Nah, too common and predictable. She plays with her niece's but the water makes her shiver. We wrap her in a dry towel, and she goes to such a hard sleep she is completely limp.
We prepare for a sleepless night of puppy whining and yips. I go pick up my other youngun and another granddog. Roxie thanks me for getting her a puppy ( that's the granddog, not the kid). She proceeds to mother our new charge.
Bedtime comes, we bring the baby to bed, and are already tired of calling her "whatever your name's gonna be". No whining, no whimpering,no yips. Loves to chew mommy's hair, and daddy's beard. Sleeps on my head. Roxie comes in an hour later to play with her puppy for a half an hour or so, so unbelievably sweet to watch, even tho I was pretty well asleep when this began. Big clumsy paws in everybody's faces. Play time gives way to another puppy nap, and as I am just dropping off to sleep, for no reason I can fathom, RILEY! shouts my brain, and I immediately know this is it. Gotta run it past the Rooster, tho, she's his dog too. But, he's asleep. I can't wait for him to get up and pee, so I sleep fitfully between listening for him to get up and puppy play times. He finally gets up, and I run it past him. He thinks I'm crazy for telling him this in the middle of the night, and says nothing. He doesn't like it , I think, and am very disappointed, because this name feels like a gift from somewhere else.
Sleep deprived, we start out new day, me parenting while Rooster goes to work. I get my usual mid morning phone call, and first words from him are , "How's Riley doing?" WOOHOO!!! He likes it, he likes it!! He had asked me if Riley was a boy or girl's name, and I had said "Does it matter?" After all we don't want to damage her developing psyche by saddling her with male/female stereotypical labels, do we?
So, welcome to the family, Riley, and Thank You God for another blessing (??, ask me again after the puppy months are gone) bestowed!! Oh yeah, did the name come from You?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home